Happy 1st week of 2019 my friends! I hope your week has been better than mine. I fell the other day at work by tripping over my own feet while walking down the hall to warm up my coffee. I threw my coffee cup as I braced my fall and landed on my hands and knees and coffee splattered all over the walls, all in my hair and all over my shirt. Go me! My first week into 2019 and this is how I start it, SMH! But I absolutely refuse to let this accident set the tone for how my year is going to go.
I have been laid up over the past few days trying to stay off my ankle and it got me thinking… A lot about things I want to accomplish this year as well as things that I am looking forward to and I decided to share them with you today.
- Looking through my camera roll I started thinking about how much I enjoy spending time with my family and I don’t do it nearly enough. So I want to try and make as much time as possible this year to make lots more memories with them all. We are already planning a trip back to Georgia this summer to visit some friends and family and I can’t wait!
- I recently realized that over 95% of my closet content is black and while I do love me some black, I also love colors and prints as well. I think I have always been super cautious of trying out more color and prints because of my size but I am not going to restrict myself anymore. I bought a few floral dresses and shirts last year and have really enjoyed wearing them so this year I am going to change up my wardrobe, and I cannot wait to start shopping!
- I’m a Capricorn and we are planners by nature and do not function well with trying to live in the moment. I struggle with a bit of anxiety and seem to get anxious and feel immediately stressed whenever Allen (my husband) suggests we do something spur of the moment. I usually fight through it and end up having a great time in whatever we end up doing but I also spend so much time in my own head that I am not truly able to enjoy living in the moment. So this year when Allen asks to do something unplanned I want to say YES more. And quit talking myself out of going and doing things that weren’t perfectly planned. I am saying YES to living in the moment and new adventures!
- I really want to start doing more gulf coast lifestyle and things to do type posts here on my blog. I think that some people may find it helpful when trying to plan vacations and trips here so that is something that I really want to work on and explore further. There is so much to do here and so many places to explore that there is no way for anyone to see or do it all in one trip. But maybe my insider tips and recommendations can help make planning trips here a little easier.
- Since Allen and I both work Monday through Friday, we generally try to spend one of the weekend days doing fun stuff and then spend the other day adulting (grocery shopping, laundry, cleaning, etc.) I am such a freak when it comes to my house, And Maybe even a little OCD. Okay so maybe ALOT OCD. I like a nice, clean, tidy house where everything is in it’s place. But I have to admit that I miss out on so many adventures and so much fun because of this. I want to embrace having a “not so perfect” home and get out more on the weekends to just simply live and enjoy life.
I know 2019 has barely even started good yet, but I am putting all my faith in that this is going to be a great year… No, an AMAZING year! So what amazing things are you looking forward to doing this year?